This course will be a Comprehensive Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Filler lecture and live patient clinical training explicitly tailored for dental practitioners. It will focus on the dental therapeutic & cosmetic uses of Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Fillers. During this private-style training, participants will learn how to seamlessly implement Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Filler treatments into patients' treatment plans to provide comprehensive care and optimize the outcome of dental cases. The course will be sixteen (16) hours, taught over two (2) days. Day One will be eight (8) hours of didactic lecturing; Day Two will be eight (8) hours of hands-on clinical training with live model patients.
DAY ONE: The lecture will consist of the first three (3) hours being a comprehensive introduction, overview, and detailed application of Botulinum Toxin.
The following are some of the specific areas that will be discussed during this lecture:
- Detailed review and discussion of facial muscle anatomy, nerves, and vessels.
- Overview of Botulinum Toxins & Dermal Fillers and their handling, reconstitution, and storage procedures.
- Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Fillers: Indications and Contraindications.
- Botulinum Toxin Treatment (injection techniques and protocols).
- Potential side effects and complications associated with Botulinum Toxin and with Dermal Fillers.
The next one (1) hour of lectures will be specific to dental applications of Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Fillers.
Examples of these applications are as follows:
- Botulinum Toxin for therapeutic purposes in the Masseter muscles for Temporomandibular Disorder associated with pain and tooth destruction from bruxism and for cosmetic purposes.
- Botulinum Toxin used for the correction of a gummy smile.
- Cosmetic Botulinum Toxin used to correct a thin upper lip, especially as an adjunct for a patient who has undergone a full restorative smile makeover.
- Cosmetic & Therapeutic treatment of the Orbicularis oculi muscle (periorbital lines), the Frontalis muscle, the Nasalis muscle, and the Procerus muscle/Medial corrugator muscles/Lateral corrugator muscles.
- Therapeutic treatment for facial pain and headaches.
30-minute lunch break.
The last four (4) hours of didactic lecturing on Day One will be a comprehensive overview of all relevant applications and uses of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers for both cosmetic and therapeutic applications.
Examples of these are as follows:
- Treatment of marionette lines.
- Treatment on nasolabial folds.
- Treatment of oral commissures.
- Treatment of patients presenting with Angular Cheilitis,
- Treatment of patients presenting with Perioral Rhytids.
- Treatment of patients with 'black triangles' in their interdental papillae.
- Treatment of patients in the correction of asymmetric smiles.
- Treatment of patients with perioral volume loss.
The end of Day One will consist of a comprehensive facial mapping session of the exact locations of every injection point for both Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Fillers relevant to the muscles and the areas being treated. Each participant will understand the number of units of Botulinum Toxin required for their patient's muscle movement in all areas to be treated and the volume necessary when injecting hyaluronic acid dermal fillers.
DAY TWO: Consists of individual, personalized, 1:1 ratio, hands-on training with Dr. Pruitt, the doctor participant, and the pre-screened model patient in a live setting.
Each doctor participant will map out area(s) that require Botulinum Toxin and area(s) in need of hyaluronic acid Dermal Fillers. The doctor participants will be providing these facial injectables under the oversight and guidance of Dr. Pruitt and his aesthetic team.
The end of Day Two will consist of a thirty (30) minute overview of both days, along with a Q & A session.
Each doctor participant will be equipped with an A-Z education and a thorough understanding of all necessary treatments to successfully understand and implement Botulinum Toxins & Dermal Fillers into their dental practices for their dental patients.
Each doctor participant will be exposed to various Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Filler product options, so they can be fully informed and choose what best suits their patients.
Each doctor will fully understand combination treatments and advanced techniques to reduce the signs of aging and alleviate dental ailments.
This two-day training course provides a complete in-depth education for aesthetics, dental therapeutic, and restorative treatment plans regarding the use and application of Botulinum Toxin & Dermal Fillers in a dental practice setting.
After completing this course, each doctor participant will have the absolute most current education and training, having more comprehensive knowledge regarding caring for their dental patients within their dental practice.